We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who we are
We are RAISONNÉ LTD, a UK company (registration number 11013130) with registered office at 16 Stewart Close, Abbots Langley, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD5 0LU (us, we, our).
We are the data controller with respect to any personal data collected from or provided by you directly. Our data protection registration number is [INSERT REGISTRATION NO]. Our nominated data protection officer is [Peter Nahum].
This policy applies only to our processing of your personal data. It does not apply with respect to any data collected by, or provided by you to, any third party, including any personal data you provide via any third party website. We have no control over third party websites or the policies they may apply. You are responsible for checking the acceptability of any third party websites and/or policies before you access or use those sites.
What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and your use of our website at www.eb-j.org (our Site). That information includes, without limitation, your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit/use, page views and site navigation, traffic data, weblogs, browser usage and other communication data and the resources that you access;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, job title, address, telephone number, email address, demographic information (such as postcode, preferences and interests) and (if applicable) any payment details, such as bank account details or similar information you provide in the course of registration or use of our services and/or our Site, including any information you provide by subscribing for email notifications or newsletters;
- information that you provide or submit in the course of your use of our Site, including (without limitation) any photographs and videos or any information relating to your interests or style preferences;
- information provided if or when you report a problem or require support;
- if you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence;
- any information you choose to provide in responding to surveys that we use for research purposes (although there is no obligation to provide any such information); and/or
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may obtain information about your usage of our Site by using a cookie file which is transferred to and stored on the hard drive of your computer, tablet or other device. Cookies help us to maintain and improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Monitor user tracking of our Site;
- Estimate audience size and usage pattern;
- Maintain and de-bug our Site;
- Store information about your preferences, usage session variables and the details of your shopping cart;
- To effect transactions you make via our Site;
- To customise our Site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your use of our Site; and/or
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Your data will be transferred to, stored with and processed by our suppliers or providers based in the USA engaged in, among other things, software and website support, maintenance and development, Site hosting, the processing of your payments, payment details and the provision of support services in connection with the operation and maintenance of our Site, including the fulfilment of orders made by you. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your personal data outside the EEA for those purposes.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To optimise Site content and use of our Site;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the use of our Site and the provision of services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or our services;
- To maintain, develop and administer our Site, including for security purposes and the prevention of fraud;
- To send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- To send you email notifications, updates or to provide content or services you have specifically requested;
- To provide support in connection with our Site, including responses to enquiries or problems; and/or
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail, post or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please unsubscribe from our e-mails or contact us by phone/e-mail.
Disclosure of your information
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. Your username(s) and password(s) will be encrypted and only authorised administrators will have access to your personal data.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
(b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.